Saturday, October 11, 2008

Temptation

New York is a very tempting city when it comes to shopping. On my way to school alone I probably pass about 15 stores I could easily walk into and want to buy at least 1/2 of what is on sale. Not to mention the amount of well dressed women that I pass on the street and has classes with and who generally make me feel like a schlub. I've managed to resist temptation so far, especially with the economy being what it is, but today I finally cracked. I couldn't take it anymore and in about one hour I managed to purchase suede boots, a cashmere sweater, a ruffled designer blouse, a necklace, and a wool dress. Terrible I know.

Oh yeah, did I mention I only spent $90? And I've found my new favorite store ever! Beacon's Closet, a vintage/second hand clothing store, is awesome and amazingly cheap. Just take a look at my haul.

Ruffled Shirt:

I think I need to iron the ruffles down a bit, but cute none the less. $11.95

Boots:

So comfy and surprisingly warm. One thing I've definitely wanted more of since I moved here was comfy/cute shoes. I think these definitely fit the bill. $27.95

Cashmere Sweater:

100% Cashmere and Laundry by Shelli Segal. I got it for $24.95


The back, with a cute little ruffly bottom. Sorry about the tags showing

Necklace:

It's brand new, not second hand, but I couldn't resist. $11.

I also bought a cute vinatge black wool dress with a built up collar. No pictures since I immediately took it to the dry cleaners, but my roommate Lisa says it is very sliming and makes me look very long. I'll put up pics as soon as I get it back. Oh and it was only $16.

I did buy one brand new thing today at Brooklyn Industries, which is quickly becoming on of my favorite stores. It is quite possibly the cutest skirt ever.

See how cute it is? Lisa told me she wouldn't let me leave the store without it. Good thing it was on sale.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Jealousy does not even begin to describe how I'm feeling about all your excellent vintage purchases. I'm coming to visit soon with or w/o Brock and we're going shopping! So happy you're enjoying life in NYC. :)

Sunday Girl said...

Yes, you should definitely come! And I guess you can bring Brock along too.