Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hello Again!

Does anyone else remember that 80s movie starring Shelley Long called Hello Again? It was about this woman who died and then was brought back to life by her New Agey sister and she had to find her true love in a month other wise she would die forever? No? Netflix it. Seriously. It has Gabriel Bryne in it. Need I say anything more?

I digress... that movie has nothing to do with this post other than I typed in the title and it reminded of it. I do want to say hello again after being gone for so long. I'm terribly sorry, but school has kept a lot busier and away from the internet much more than I thought it would.

A quick update on school. It's going well, challenging, but interesting. I have to say I'm enjoying it immensely. I got an A- on my first sewing project, a seam sampler, and my teacher also complimented me on a pair of pants that I hemmed myself, not related to any project. Yay!

I'm learning a lot in my patternmaking and draping classes, I feel like I'm doing well in my construction classes. All of my experience in sewing has definitely helped me there. My Color Theory class is kind of like a basic art class. We do seem to be getting more involved though and beyond basic color wheels, so I think in the end it will be a very beneficial course to have taken.

Drawing is by far the most challenging for me. I feel like I am improving, but I still have a long way to go. I don't really have much to show you guys yet, but I should have at the very least an outfit to share by the end of the semester and maybe I'll put up a mood board or two from my computer class. Deal?

School has also allowed me experience I normally wouldn't have like a trend forecasting seminar for Autumn/Winter 2009-2010. I don't want to say too much about it, since that is how the company makes their money, but I have just one word: mushrooms. Don't say you got it from me.

I also toured the WDNY showroom with one of my classes. They sell clothing for a more mature women through department stores. Not necessarily my style of clothing, but it was really cool to see a showroom. It was for my marketing class though, so we didn't discuss the design aspect as much as I would have liked.

That's the update so far. I know my Mom is curious.

No comments: